Electrum-GAME is a simple, but powerful GameCredits wallet. A
unique secret phrase (or “seed”) leaves intruders stranded and your
peace of mind intact. Keep it on paper, or in your head... and never
worry about losing your GameCredits to theft or hardware failure.
Electrum-GAME is a community-maintained port of Electrum, the Bitcoin wallet, to GameCredits. It is not an official product of Electrum Technologies GmbH, which does not support it.
Always verify the digital signatures of the files you download! (instructions)
Latest Version: 3.2.3 (released 2018-10-21)
Make sure you back up your wallet/seed if upgrading from an earlier version.
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools python3-pyqt5 python3-pip python3-dev libssl-dev
sudo pip3 install scrypt
sudo pip3 install /download/Electrum-GAME-3.2.3.tar.gz
- Use instantly: Electrum-GAME doesn't need to download the whole blockchain, which is instead maintained on a tamper-proof, remote server.
Your unique secret phrase and private keys are never sent to the
Electrum-GAME servers. All information received from the server is
verified using Simplified Payment Verification (SPV).
Never be concerned about losing your wallet! With your unique seed, you
can always recover and restore your wallet...even if you sustain the
worst of hardware or software failures.
- Cold storage:
Use Electrum-GAME to generate and manage your secure offline wallets,
enabling you to take some or all of your funds completely offline.
- Accessible: Export your private keys to other GameCredits clients, at your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a version of Electrum-GAME for Android?
- Android is not currently supported. If you are looking for a mobile wallet, check out Coinomi.
- Does Electrum-GAME support Segwit?
- What is a “seed”?
- Electrum-GAME uses a 128-bit random seed to generate your private keys.
The seed can be represented as a 12-word mnemonic code.
You do not need to perform regular backups, because your wallet can be
recovered from the seed that you can memorize or write on paper.
- What should I do with my old GameCredits addresses and wallet when switching to Electrum-GAME?
- The best way to switch to Electrum is to send all the GameCredits
you have on your old wallet to one of the addresses on your Electrum wallet.
This way you'll have all your GameCredits secured with your seed.
Older versions of Electrum could import private keys from another client,
but then you had to backup those keys separately,
as they could not be restored by the Electrum seed.
- What does it mean to “freeze” an address?
- When you freeze an address, the funds in that address will not be
used for sending GameCredits.
You cannot send GameCredits if you don't have enough funds in non-frozen addresses.
- Where is my wallet file located?
- A default wallet file called default_wallet is created
under the /wallets folder when you first run the application.
On Windows, this folder is located in \Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Local\Electrum-GAME.
On all other operating systems, it is located in ~/.Electrum-GAME.
- What is the gap limit?
- The gap limit is the maximum number of consecutive unused addresses
in your deterministic sequence of addresses.
Electrum-GAME uses a gap limit to stop looking for addresses.
This is set to 5 by default, so the client generates new addresses
until 5 unused addresses are found.